by Jojo Malig, ABS-CBNNews.com
 
MANILA (UPDATE) - Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. earned more than P224.5 million in kickbacks from businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles in the pork barrel scam, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said.
 
 
Senator Jinggoy Estrada pocketed P183.79 million and former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile got P172.8 million, according to the NBI, in its executive summary of the plunder complaints against the lawmakers, Napoles, and others allegedly involved in the scam.
 
The two other lawmakers accused of plunder are former Rep. Rizalina Seachon-Lanete, who allegedly earned P108.4 million, and former Rep. Edgar Valdez, P56 million.
 
The legislators conspired with Napoles and officials of implementing agencies in various transactions through misappropriation, conversion, misuse, and malversation of their Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), the NBI said.
 
The NBI also accused 3 other congressmen of malversation, direct bribery and other graft and corrupt practices. The amounts involved in these complaints are less than the P50 million threshold for plunder.
 
Napoles allegedly gave P42.1 million to former Rep. Rodolfo Plaza, P26.77 million to former Rep. Samuel Dangwa, and P20.8 million to former Rep. Constantino Jaraula.
By Jhunnex Napallacan
Inquirer Visayas
 
CEBU CITY – Thousands of people from academic, religious, business and civil society groups are expected to converge on the Fuente Osmeña rotunda here on Sunday to demand  not just the abolition of the congressional pork barrel but also the resignation of those involved in its misuse.
 
Monsignor Rommel Kintanar of the Archdiocesan Discernment Group of Cebu, co-organizer of the Cebu Coalition Against Pork Barrel System, said the group would gather at Fuente Osmeña about 1:30 p.m. before marching down to Plaza Independencia in downtown Cebu City.
One of the highlights of the event would be the reading and signing of the Unity Statement at Plaza Independencia where they would call for the immediate resignation of those who were charged in the pork barrel scam allegedly masterminded by Janet Lim Napoles. Among them were Senators Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada, Juan Ponce Enrile and Ramon Revilla Jr.
He said these people must leave their posts because they were in a position to intimidate the witnesses.
Other demands the statement would make include the abolition of the pork barrel system, the prosecution of those involved in the theft of taxpayers’ money,  recovery of the money, and transparency in implementation of government programs and projects.
Copies of the Unity Statement were distributed to  different churches, organizations and schools. People would be given a chance to sign the statement during Sunday’s rally, after which copies of the signed statement would be sent to Malacanang, the Senate and the House of Representatives.
In a statement, the Cebu Coalition Against Pork Barrel System said officials of the University of Cebu, Cebu Doctors University, University of San Carlos, University of the Visayas, St. Theresa’s College and other Catholic institutions were urging their students and faculty to join the rally.
The mass action at Plaza Independencia would kick off with a Mass at 3 p.m. to be followed by a program during which representatives of the different sectors and religious organizations and would speak.
A video message from Cebu Archbishop Jose Palma, who cannot attend the rally because of a prior engagement, would also be shown. Palma had earlier encouraged priests and members of lay organizations to join the mass demonstration.
Politicians could join the rally but they would not be allowed to speak lest the event be politicized.
The rally is expected to end at 6 p.m. with the singing of the song “Bayan Ko” and the lighting of the candles.
 
Facebook feed : (c) to its respective owners
"No one is above the law. President Aquino and all those in authority must resolve these issues within the next 100 days [when] valid complaint and charges are filed with the Sandiganbayan.
 
 
The Sandiganbayan must suspend those with charges for plunder, arrest them… and trial must be done expeditiously.
 
This is becoming another soap opera. Now the President and even Congress [are] asking the SC to lift the TRO [to disburse remaining PDAF funds in 2013] , and to throw the Petitions to declare the pork barrel system unconstitutional.
 
If Congress, the Ombudsman, Sandiganbayan will not do [their] job, then these corrupt officials must be removed by Peoples Power. That is the highest form of democracy. And let them be ready for this mass actions after [the]100 days that we have given them.”....USP
More Articles...

Share This Article

Pricey Cars Of Napoles

Napoles Properties

Written on 17 August 2013, 23.31 by
  Photo courtesy of Abs-cbn     
Written on 17 August 2013, 23.27 by
  Photo courtesy of Abs-cbn news      
Written on 17 August 2013, 23.25 by
Photo courtesy of Abs-cbn news  
Written on 17 August 2013, 23.19 by
  Photo courtesy of Abs-cbn news
Written on 17 August 2013, 23.16 by
Photo courtesy of Abs-cbn news